Pages

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

The Great Shave.

Just over a week ago we lost a very special family member, my husband's uncle. He had been battling cancer for some time. My husband decided a while ago that he would participate in The World's Greatest Shave for the Leukemia Foundation in honour of him.
We still hadn't shaved his head the night before the funeral and Ben asked me to shave it that night, but we were very busy and it was late so we went to bed instead.
The next day at a pub for his uncle's wake, he decided to call in a barber and shave it there and then!
He had only made around $300 online from donations, but my mother in law went around the pub with a hat and managed to rustle up just shy of $700! So give or take Ben made $1000 for the Leukemia foundation! I'm a bit proud of him :) make that very!

Here are the photos!
(And I now have his ponytail in a jar!)

Before:

After!

Ben and his Dad :)

Hehehe, look at Piper looking at him! "Who are you?!"
The girls were a bit surprised but they seemed to like it, Charlotte even patted his head :)


1 comment:

  1. Haha, look at that quizzical look on Piper's face. E was wary when I died my hair pink. I guess she forgot about me having blue hair when she was a little baby. Go Ben (and his mum) for raising all that money for the foundation!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...