Pages

Monday, June 10, 2013

Cooking, Cleaning and Shopping :)

Pesto

This week we made some vegan pesto, delish! Molgaban was eating it by the spoonful, so we will definitely be making and eating it on a regular basis.

Here's how I made it:

+ Put 1/4 of a cup of pine nuts onto an oven tray, lay them all out flat and even and pop them into a 180 degrees celcius oven for 5+ minutes until toasty and golden.
+ Then gather 1 and 1/2 cups of fresh basil leaves, 3 or 4 minced cloves of garlic, and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.

- You can then either pop this all into a food processor and blitz it up or, as I prefer, bash it all up with a mortar and pestle until to desired consistency. I quite like the pine nuts to be chunky.

So there you have it! Quick and easy, just whip up some pasta and mix it through!


Yumm!!

Natural Cleaner

I've been making an all natural cleaner, I got the wonderful idea from my friend Polly ;)

Here's how I make it:

+ We've been eating a lot of madarins lately so I've been saving all the skins in a big bowl. When the bowl is full enough, I pour white vinegar over the skins. 
+ I then leave them to soak for a couple of days and then take out the skins and pour the mixture into a spray bottle.

And there you have it! :) I clean my bathroom with it mostly, I also use it on windows and mirrors. If you made enough it would make a great fabric softener, and your clothes would smell wonderful!
You can also use orange skins if you're more of an orange fan, or even lemon or lime peel!



Purple Pants and Allergy-free goodness

I recently downloaded the Ozsale app on my iPhone, my mum swears by it. The first things I bought was a Woman's Weekly Allergy-free Cooking for Kids recipe book, the Woman's Weekly books are normally fantastic so I can't wait for it to come in the mail! 



And the second thing I bought was some purple pants! I'm in love with them, I'm hoping they don't just look great on the model in the photo and make me look awful. Isn't that always the way? Oh well, I slept on it and decided it was worth the risk!        

PURPLE!!!

Hehe :P

- Morgan

1 comment:

  1. Good to see you're posting again and like my cleaner. It still works if you dilute it a little and then it will last longer, too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...